Setup Versio.io OneImporter
The Versio.io OneImporter provides ready-to-use data import integrations for specific product solutions, cloud platforms and technologies.
Execution variants and prerequisites
The OneImporter can be executed as a operating system process or as a docker container.
- Operating system process
- Docker and Docker-Compose (see install script)
Please note that the host, file content and folder structure importer can use only when running the OneImporter as a operating system process!
Supported operating systems
The following operating systems are supported:
- Red Hat
- Windows Desktop
- Windows Server
Installation, startup & shutdown
All necessary steps to install, run, terminate the OneImporter are supported by a wizard in the Versio.io web interface.
It is only necessary to select your desired configurations in the first step and the wizard then displays all necessary calls including the call parameters. The calls can be executed in a command line of the operating system. All that is required is authorization to execute Docker Containers or Node.js applications.
Figure: OneImporter install and startup, shutdown wizard
Following configuration parameter can be used to install, startup and shutdown the OneImporter:
|Operating System||Operating system on which the OneImporter is to run|
|Variant||Execution variant for the OneImporter (Docker oder operating system process).|
|CA validation||The Certificate Authority check can be disabled if self-generated SSL certificates are used in the Versio.io server.|
|Debug mode||Extends the output of debug information.|
|Supported importer||Specification of the executable importer types to restrict their execution for IT security reasons.|
|Table: OneImporter configuration parameter|
The following functions ensure that the OneImporter runs in compliance with IT security requirements:
- The OneImporter can optionally be instructed at startup to only establish connections with the Versio.io platform that have a known Certificate Authority (CA) (no self-generated SSL certificates).
- Communication always starts from the OneImporter to the Versio.io platform.
- The OneImporter is automatically restarted when the host is restarted or the process is terminated.
- The OneImporter continuously sends HeartBeat calls to the Versio.io platform (15 seconds) to implement changes to the importer configurations.
- The OneImporter makes the last 1,000 lines of the OneImporter log file available to the Versio.io platform so that users can debug failed executions of Importer configurations.
- The execution of Importer modules in OneImporter (e.g. file importer) can be configured when OneImporter is started and thus prevented at runtime.
- A OneImporter only receives Importer configurations from the Server for execution if the OneImporter has been authorized on the server side.
- The OneImporter can be deactivated or activated on the server side at any time. Deactivation stops the execution of all assigned Importer configurations.
- The Importer configurations can be deactivated and activated on the server side. Deactivation stops the execution of these specific Importer Configurations.