Microsoft Excel integration
Versio.io can import, historize and process monitoring data from Microsoft Excel worksheets.
The Microsoft Excel importer enables you to insert your own data into the predefined tables of the Microsoft Excel template for importing to the Versio.io CMDB database. Each row represents a configuration item (CI) in Versio.io, which is created (Instance) or updated (Change) in Versio.io.
Image: Microsoft Excel import template
Image: Microsoft Excel data in Versio.io CMDB
The name of the Microsoft Excel worksheet defines the name of the entity with which the instances are created in the Versio.io database.
The data of an instance or change
The first column of the Microsoft Excel table is reserved for one unique identifier (ID) per instance. You can assign the ID freely using characters, numbers and special characters (no spaces!).
Please make sure that you use the IDs only once per entity. Otherwise you would change an instance from line X by the data from line Y.
The second column shows the return result of the Versio.io database per instance. The following Versio.io database status can be displayed next to possible error messages
- created The Versio.io database has recognized that this is a new instance and created it in the database.
- updated The Versio.io database has detected that this is a modified instance and has extended the history of the instance in the database.
- discarded The Versio.io database has detected that there is no change to the instance and is updating only the time of the update in the database.
To import data from Microsoft Excel into the Versio.io CMDB you need the following data:
- URL to your Versio.io instance to access trhe database service.
- Versio.io environment name where you want store your data.
- Versio.io API token with write access for the specific environment and instance.